Two ________ & Arthur
The Story of How Rose Belforti Was
Bushwhacked By Homosexual Activists

By: Herrick Kimball
Dateline: 26 October 2011

Update 3 November 2011—Today I was very surprised to receive an angry letter from Mr. Arthur Bellinzoni regarding this web site, and this story in particular. Mr. Bellinzoni states that I do not have the facts, that my claims are incorrect, and that my charges are outrageous.
.
Furthermore, Mr. Bellinzoni informed me that the words I used to characterize the two women and himself are "slanderous" characterizations designed specifically to deny his and their integrity and credibility. He further informed me that my description of him and the two women was irresponsible and "libelous."
.
Let me state, for the record, that I met Arthur Bellinzoni several years ago at his home while doing some remodeling work there. I found him to be a cordial and likable man. But it was clear to me that he is a man of considerable means (that is NOT intended as a libelous characterization!) and when a man of means accuses a man of no means (me) of slander and libel... well, I get the message.
.
Thus, I am wasting no time in removing all the words in this essay that Mr. Bellinzoni told me were libelous characterizations of himself or his two female friends. There is now a blank space where my words once were. 
.
Mr. Bellinzoni: I have no ill feelings toward you, and I never have. I sincerely apologize for characterizing you in any libelous or slanderous manner. I did not think my words were that at all. I thought they were perfectly appropriate, absolutely true, and not unkind or unfair.  They certainly pale in comparison to the characterizations I've read about Rose Belforti, posted by your activist fellow travelers on the internet. Nevertheless, I have removed them.
.
My story, however, remains. I believe my facts are correct (they come from various news reports) and that I have a right to present them here. Likewise, I believe that I am also entitled to my opinion. 

Now, for those who are interested in what I understand to be the facts of this matter, here is my revised story....
.

Katie Carmichael and Deirdre DiBiaggio, a _______ couple from Florida, wanted a marriage license.

As I explain on the Home Page of this web site, New York's same-sex marriage law was passed in June of this year. Shortly thereafter, Rose Belforti submitted her letter to the Ledyard Town Board explaining her religious objections to issuing same sex marriage licenses, and informing the board that she was delegating the task of issuing marriage licenses to a deputy clerk, as is allowed by New York State law.

And then along came Deirdre DiBaggio and Katie Carmichael.


The two women are ______ ________. They live in Florida, and reportedly have property in a town north of Ledyard. They showed up at the Ledyard clerk's office and told Rose they wanted a license to get married. One of the women is an attorney. 

Deirdre and Katie were accompanied by a local resident named Arthur Bellinzoni. Mr. Bellinzoni is an _____________-_______ ___ ______ and ____ __________ "_________ ________" (this is found under the heading of "hobbies" at his web site). Arthur also happens to be on the Board of Directors for the organization, People For The American Way. Several years ago Arthur Bellinzoni  made something of a name for himself by spearheading a protest against the local chapter of the United Way because they supported the local Boy Scouts.

So the two women (and Arthur) made a visit to Rose at the clerk's office and said they wanted a marriage license. Rose did not deny them the license. She told them that they would need to make an appointment and come back to get the license, as is the new policy of the clerk's office.

They didn't like that answer.

And now, with the assistance of Arthur and People for the American Way (an organization that, ironically, says they support religious freedom) the _______ couple is threatening to take legal action.

Even a country hick like me can see that this was a conspiracy— an orchestrated "hit job." 

Frankly, I don't think that's being a good neighbor, Arthur.